AI-Pathway CompanionSiemens Healthineers adds the pathway for lung cancer for its AI-Pathway Companion to the already existing CE-marked pathway for prostate cancer. The software is designed to help in advanced oncology care by integrating contextualized data along the patient pathway. Utilizing the full pathway with all available data(2), healthcare professionals can optimize the treatment for the individual patient and adherence to evidence-based standards of care is easier to accomplish(5). This transparency also helps collaboration across departments and cancer boards. Everyone involved always has the full picture and can contribute to the treatment discussion with their specific knowledge. "The introduction of the AI-Pathway Companion Lung Cancer demonstrates our continued commitment to supporting healthcare providers in their transformation to value-based healthcare. With the AI-Pathway Companion solution, we are presenting a next-gen clinical decision support system; we want to continue trail blazing in this market by partnering with key customers on future innovation," says Wido Menhardt, Head of Digital Health at Siemens Healthineers.
Through ongoing development and refinement of data interfaces, Siemens Healthineers aims to increase the number of disease parameters captured throughout the clinical pathway, thereby expanding the relevant data points with the goal of advancing cancer care. The company looks forward to partnering with even more healthcare institutions on optimizing the AI-Pathway Companion solution to their routine clinical practice and preferred lung cancer workflow.
About Siemens Healthineers AGSiemens Healthineers AG (listed in Frankfurt, Germany: SHL) is shaping the future of healthcare. As a leading medical technology company headquartered in Erlangen, Germany, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers worldwide through its regional companies to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications and digital offerings that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company's foundation in in-vitro diagnostics, image-guided therapy, in-vivo diagnostics, and innovative cancer care. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. In fiscal 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, Siemens Healthineers generated revenue of €14.5 billion and adjusted EBIT of €2.2 billion. Following the acquisition of Varian Medical Systems, Inc. the company has approximately 66,000 employees worldwide.
1. AI-Pathway Companion consists of several health products and medical devices in their own right, and products under development. AI-Pathway Companion is not commercially available in all countries. Their future availability cannot be guaranteed.
2. All data is available as required per guideline. Feature dependent on quality of input data.
3. AI-Pathway Companion Lung Cancer VA10A supports Singlenprimary tumor. AI-Pathway Companion Lung Cancer VA10A supports Nonsmallncell Lung cancer cases only.
4. Dr. Mathias Prokop is employed by an institution that receives financial support from Siemens Healthineers for collaborations.
5. All data is available as required per guideline. Feature dependent on quality of input data. AI-Pathway Companion Lung Cancer VA10A supports NCCN guidelines. Customer shall ensure that guidelines are applicable and appropriate as per the local site policies and procedures and access to procedures.