- Philips and Westchester Medical Center Health Network entered into a multi-year, USD 500 million managed services partnership to transform and improve healthcare for 3 million patients. The agreement includes consulting services, medical technologies and clinical informatics solutions, and aims to improve all care areas, including radiology, cardiology, neurology, oncology and pediatrics.
- Continuing their focus on long-term collaboration to optimize hospital care and operational performance, Philips and the Sint Maartenskliniek in the Netherlands extended their existing 10-year managed services partnership by 5 years. The agreement includes ultrasound and healthcare IT services in addition to current access to radiology solutions.
- Working together to address the shift toward value-based care, Philips and Banner Health in the US announced the successful results of their at-home Intensive Ambulatory Care pilot program for patients with multiple chronic conditions. Through the joint telehealth program, Banner Health achieved 27% cost savings, driven primarily by a 45% reduction in hospital re-admissions.
- Philips introduced its Lumify app-based ultrasound solution in the US. Combining a dedicated Philips ultrasound transducer, a compatible smart device and app, and secure cloud-enabled services, Lumify has been designed to enable faster diagnosis, improve patient satisfaction and reduce costs, while generating recurring revenues.
- Exploring locally relevant solutions, the Rhiza Foundation and its technology partner Philips launched a mobile clinic pilot project focused on delivering basic primary healthcare, mother and child healthcare and dental care in particular to thousands of people living in townships in South Africa who have little or no access to healthcare facilities.
Frans van Houten, CEO, mentioned: "We are pleased that Healthcare continues to improve its sales growth and profitability, with North America making a significant and positive contribution as we increase order fulfillment out of our Cleveland facility. We again secured strategically important multi-year contracts, including a USD 500 million partnership with Westchester Medical Center Health Network. Highlighting our leadership in ultrasound imaging and advanced informatics, we introduced the Philips Lumify app-based ultrasound solution in the US. The solution combines a dedicated Philips ultrasound transducer, a compatible smart device and application, and secure cloud-enabled services with an innovative subscription model that will generate recurring revenues."
Related news articles:
- Philips Healthcare's Profile
About Royal Philips
Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2014 sales of EUR 21.4 billion and employs approximately 108,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare.