- Philips strengthened its clinical informatics portfolio with the acquisitions of Web Sistemas, a leading Brazilian provider of clinical information systems, and CDP Medical Ltd, an Israel-based provider of Picture Archiving and Communication systems (PACS).
- In July, Philips acquired Shanghai Apex Electronics, a leading Chinese manufacturer of ultrasound transducers. The acquisition strengthens Philips portfolio of high-quality transducers specifically aimed at the value segment in emerging markets.
- Philips introduced the IntelliVue MX800 patient monitoring system, a new dimension in patient care that provides immediate access to comprehensive patient information directly at the monitor.
- Philips joined Gilde Healthcare III, a new venture capital fund focused on innovative growth-stage healthcare technology companies in Europe and the USA that are developing patient-centric medical technologies and therapeutics.
Gerard Kleisterlee, President and CEO of Royal Philips Electronics, reported: "The third quarter was another solid quarter for Philips, resulting in net income of EUR 524 million and adjusted EBITA of 10.6%. This has led to an adjusted EBITA in the first nine months of 2010 of 10.1%, exceeding our target for the year and putting us in an excellent position to deliver on one of the main targets of our Vision 2010 strategic plan.
"In a still fragile economic environment, with weak consumer markets in the developed economies, we posted sales growth of 10% nominal and 1% on a comparable basis.
"Looking at the performance of our three sectors, both Healthcare and Lighting delivered a good quarter in terms of profitability as well as growth. Consumer Lifestyle improved profitability despite weak demand in some of its markets, with strong sales at Health & Wellness, Personal Care and Domestic Appliances weighed down by lower sales in the rest of the sector."
Related news articles:
- Philips Healthcare's Profile
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations. As a world leader in healthcare, lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of "sense and simplicity". Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs approximately 116,000 employees in more than 60 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 23 billion in 2009, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being and pleasure with strong leadership positions in flat TV, male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.newscenter.philips.com/main.