Proposals are sought for collaborative research with all of the following characteristics:
- Long-term vision: the research proposed must address a new, original or radical long-term vision of technology-enabled possibilities that are far beyond the state of the art and currently not anticipated by technology roadmaps.
- Breakthrough S&T target: research must target scientifically ambitious and technologically concrete breakthroughs that are arguably crucial steps towards achieving the long-term vision and that are plausibly attainable within the life-time of the proposed project.
- Foundational: the breakthroughs that are envisaged must be foundational in the sense that they can establish a basis for a new line of technology not currently anticipated.
- Novelty: the research proposed must find its plausibility in new ideas and concepts, rather than in the application or incremental refinement of existing ones.
- High-risk: the potential of a new technological direction depends on a whole range of factors that cannot be apprehended from a single disciplinary viewpoint. This inherent high-risk has to be countered by a strongly interdisciplinary research approach, where needed expanding well beyond the strictly technological realm.
- Interdisciplinary: the proposed collaborations must be interdisciplinary in the sense that they go beyond current mainstream collaboration configurations in joint science- and technology research, and that they aim to advance different scientific and technological disciplines together and in synergy towards a breakthrough.
This call is open to early-stage research on any new technological possibility.
Deadline Date: 29-09-2015 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)
Type of action: Research and Innovation Actions
For topic conditions, documents and submission service, please visit:
Find your partners or consortia preparing a project proposal
If you need help to identify a potential partner or consortia with particular competences, facilities or experience, please join Health IT Space at http://www.healthitspace.eu
Health IT Space is the first social networking platform for Health IT Professionals and Stakeholders. Explore the list of all Health IT Space registered members at http://www.healthitspace.eu/network/members