Health organizations are uniquely positioned to improve the quality and delivery of healthcare through evidence‐based medical innovations and smart technology solutions. The Microsoft Health Users Group Innovation Awards, now in its fourteenth year, is an opportunity to showcase how your organization is using technology to enhance and transform the quality of patient care, reduce costs, streamline clinical and business processes, drive interoperability, improve productivity and workflow, and enable informed decisions.
Who should enter?
The award committee will accept nominations from any health-related organization* worldwide, which has developed and implemented a solution independently or in working with a technology solution partner, as long as the solution is based on the latest Microsoft technologies. The award emphasizes the innovative application of available software and the creation of new solutions.
Why should you enter?
- Winners will be featured in promotional and marketing activities, such as a press release, web content, and possible media interviews.
- Winners will receive a "Winner" trophy.
- Winners will receive marketing materials to help them publicize their award. The material includes a winner-specific logo.
Judges will pick four winners from the qualified submissions received. The solution (or combination of solutions) can be offered by any company worldwide as long as it is based on the latest Microsoft technologies (please read full rules).
Entries will be judged primarily on the following three criteria:
1. The innovation represents a breakthrough from the industry's historical approaches.
2. The innovation goes beyond incremental improvements on technologies that already exist.
3. The innovation measurably improves significant business and/or clinical processes that positively impact patient care.
The Call for Entry period ends Friday, April 15, 2011 at 5:00p.m. Pacific time. After this date, all entries and content will be considered final.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contest ends April 15, 2011 5:00p.m. Pacific time. Open to authorized representatives of a health organization OR a Microsoft Technology Solution Partner who is 18 years of age or older. Residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria are not eligible. See Official Rules for complete details. You must be an MSHUG member to enter.
Winners will be announced at the Microsoft Connected Health Conference on April 27. Winners will be notified prior to the conference.
Related news articles:
- Microsoft's Profile
* Health organizations may include: hospitals, health systems, clinics, group practices, public health organizations, health plans and others.