- You will drive/lead large assessment and landscape projects on novel, innovative, IT related technologies and solutions to realize business value for Roche Diagnostics or Group Roche. You will work across functions and geographies, involving both internal and external experts.
- You will collaborate with network leads to support RIS in new technology acquisition, while providing a trusted independent expert voice to ensure deal quality.
- You will contribute to creating future opportunities by extensive networking with scientific and industry experts within and beyond the diagnostics division, with a true "One Roche" mindset.
- To the external parties, you will be a skillful ambassador for Roche Diagnostics to make Roche a partner of choice.
- Champion/lead and drive IT related technology and science in partnering squads for company evaluation, due diligence & leveraging external innovation; providing timely, accurate, and clear recommendations.
- Generate business leads by scouting/lead and drive proactive worldwide technology scouting, and collaboration with entrepreneurs, investors and leading experts to evaluate and shape external development and early innovation programs for Healthcare IT infrastructure, data access and analytics, data connectivity standards, Digital Health Solutions, etc.
- Lead technology and application landscaping with actionable recommendations to capture emerging local and global trends and future demands of Healthcare IT and Digital Health Solutions to shape business strategy.
- Provide IT technology benchmarking and assessments for potential deals.
- Support research (R&D), engineering, data services and new product pipeline (Clinical Development and Medical Affairs, Lifecycle Teams).
- Lead the communication of landscapes readouts to drive the alignment and pursuit of identified high value opportunities in the organization.
- Support and shape a divisional research & technology development strategy for achieving mid- to long-term, divisional objectives.
- Contribute to a worldwide research intelligence network for Roche Diagnostics and provide inputs to mid-/long-term IT solution development strategies and roadmaps.
- Identify synergies between diagnostics customer areas (Lab Insights and Core Lab, POC, Molecular and Pathology Lab) based on deep IT technical knowledge and understanding of Diagnostics business strategy.
- May include responsibility for timeline, budget, milestone achievement and successful driving of conclusions as well as presentation to senior management.
Enabling the organization's New Ways of Working
- Act as Role-model for Agile Leadership behaviors, as well as for our culture, mindset & behaviors as defined in We@RocheDiagnostics
- Model behaviors to support the organization’s transformation to Agile Ways of Working, e.g. adapted decision making/governance practices, collaboration, translating common goals into 90-day action plans / OKR, etc.
As a Partnering Technology & Science Lead, you have the following attributes
- You have a growth mindset of continuous learning and mentoring peers.
- Are committed to cross-functional collaboration and breaking down silos to achieve the best results for the organization.
- Have the ability to navigate within a changing organization, maintaining objectivity, respect for differences of opinion, fairness, open communication and consensus-building skill.
Who You Are
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, and/or work experience.
- 5+ years of EHR / HIE technology & implementation experience, with working knowledge of Health IT standards and industry exchange protocols and solutions (such as HL7 v2/v3, FHIR, ASTM, LIMS, LIS, EMR, CDA).
- Experience with cross-community IHE profiles highly desirable (e.g. ITI-55 (XCPD), ITI-38 (XCA Query), ITI-39 (XCA Retrieve)).
- Knowledge of relevant regulations related to data privacy (e.g., HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA).
- Experience with integrating multi-vendor and in-house solutions.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with health data platforms.
- Project management experience in health IT desired, preferably in one of the following digital segments: population health management, disease self-management, disease prevention, clinical workflow automation, clinical decision support, lab information systems.
- Familiarity with solutions, vendors and customers in diagnostics and healthcare informatics settings and awareness of trends in vendor, lab and provider levels.
- Participation in industry-related events and related networks, such as HL7, FHIR, and IHE Connectathons.
Required skills to succeed
- Working knowledge of the health information technology (HIT) industry.
- Understanding of healthcare workflow, health data exchange architecture, data connectivity, interoperability principles & standards and related communication protocols.
- Highly knowledgeable in eHealth exchange's services and associated processes.
- Experience in reducing healthcare waste & increasing effectiveness and/or lab digitization & automation.
- Excellent technical, analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills.
- Strategic and business driven mindset.
- Strong planning and organizational skills including a track record of managing high-performing cross-functional teams/squads.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to network and work in a complex environment.
About RocheAt Roche, we are passionate about transforming patients' lives and we are fearless in both decision and action - we believe that good business means a better world. That is why we come to work each day. We commit ourselves to scientific rigor, unassailable ethics, and access to medical innovations for all. We do this today to build a better tomorrow.