We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Then come and join our global team as Head (f/m/d) of R&D - Integrated Decision Support (IDS) to lead the global R&D program of the AI-Pathway Companion in order to optimize care pathways with an intelligent decision support system aimed at facilitating diagnosis and therapeutic decisions along disease-specific pathways.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You are responsible for leading the R&D organization spanning across Europe (Germany & Slovakia), USA, and Asia (India), reporting to the head of the AI-pathway companion product line
- You will work in an innovation program in the field of Integrated Decision Support in healthcare, enabling the team to drive prototypes to products, owning pre-development to product lifecycle management (PLM) processes
- You are responsible for the international project coordination of our teams with associated technology, development and clinical collaboration partners distributed around the world
- You are responsible for development projects’ target achievements, along with the team’s Lean coaching and iterative planning (yearly, quarterly, monthly) within the Lean setup
- You lead the regular preparation and transparent communication of the project status and mitigation plans to all stakeholders involved (including heads of business line/area)
- You identify risks and issues and set up measures (including enablement of the teams) to resolve them
- Your tasks include scaling of project team, resource and budget planning, steering of project plans as well as the control of the overall targets of the projects
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at AI-Pathway Companion.
Your qualifications and experience
- You hold a university degree in computer science or a related engineering discipline
- You have many years of experience in software development projects and you have proven record working in an agile/lean oriented project organization with internationally distributed teams
- You have many years of experience in a leadership role, ideally in a global context and/or matrix organization
- You have experience in the healthcare sector and respective regulatory environment (e.g. FDA 21CFR820 QSR, ISO 13485, 62304)
Your attributes and skills
- You have very good command of English, both spoken and written; additional language skills such as German are welcome
- You are result oriented, assertive, and able to analyze and improve your team’s working skills
- You have extensive knowledge in project management methods and tools (backlog management, planning, controlling, risk management)
- You have advanced moderation and presentation skills
- You exhibit strong interpersonal skills especially in a cross-cultural environment
- You are available travel Internationally when needed (approx. 10%)
About Siemens Healthineers AGSiemens Healthineers AG (listed in Frankfurt, Germany: SHL) is shaping the future of Healthcare. As a leading medical technology company headquartered in Erlangen, Germany, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers worldwide through its regional companies to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalising healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications and digital offerings that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company’s foundation in in-vitro diagnostics, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients. In fiscal 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, Siemens Healthineers, which has approximately 54,000 employees worldwide, generated revenue of €14.5 billion and adjusted EBIT of €2.2 billion.