Embedded in Boehringer Ingelheim's growing Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences Unit you will have an impact on reinventing R&D, thereby actively contributing to the discovery of breakthrough therapies that ultimately will improve the quality of human life.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you take over responsibility for strategic digital initiatives in R&D.
- As product owner, the establishment and the continuous evolvement of ambitious product visions will be an essential part of the day-to-day business.
- You will develop and implement a strategy to continuously validate the product scope and vision to meet our strategic goals and users' needs.
- Not only will you collaborate with the target user community to ensure continuous value added but also with cross-functional product teams focusing on the translation of the product vision and strategy into user stories for implementation.
- By working closely with stakeholders you ensure the development and implementation of a communication strategy around the product to maximize penetration and impact into the organization.
- PhD in life sciences, bioinformatics, or a related field
- Multiple years of experience in life sciences / pharma R&D, as well as expertise in project management, digital product development and team leading
- Profound domain knowledge in drug discovery and development
- Strategic thinking, a well-structured way of working, and a strong digital mindset in order to constantly push forward digital initiatives
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset paired with the willingness to challenge current ways of working
- Excellent communication skills across multiple disciplines and cultural backgrounds
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.