|Location:||Cambridge, United Kingdom | Gothenburg, Sweden|
You will assist the due diligence on new data providers/vendors to advance AZ Real World Evidence (RWE) data maturity, help shape the right RWE data strategy for a range of Therapeutic Areas and provide informatics support for data acquisitions. You will also serve as a supportive member of the observational study team to support real-world observational studies.
The ideal candidate for this role will bring a proven track record of delivering value through the leverage of routinely collected data from healthcare settings to provide health analytics and insights in both Public Health, Pharmaceutical Research and Development and Commercial context. Hands on experience with working with real world datasets is essential. Experience working in Oncology is desirable.
The role provides hands on expertise, task management and support to Informaticians/Information Scientists, promoting best practice across multiple domains, and/or stakeholder groups.
The salary is competitive and there are a full range of flexible benefits.
Essential skills and background
- PhD in medical informatics or other advanced degree in life sciences with post doctoral or other training/work in Medical Informatics or related field
- Expertise in EMR/Health IT, disease registries, and claims databases
- Expertise in clinical data standards, medical terminologies and controlled vocabularies used in healthcare data and ontologies
- Expertise in data mining approaches within healthcare settings generating insight from routinely collected healthcare data
- Expertise in methods development and application using languages - strong SQL skills are required, together technical skills in either R or SAS.
- Experience in advanced visualisation and visual analytics of routinely collected healthcare data
- Experience in real-world evidence and familiarity with health economics/epidemiology, and quantitative science such as health outcome modelling
- Strong track record in delivering leading edge informatics solutions in pharmaceutical R&D and commercial environments
- A history of patient care or equivalent background of working at a patient care setting that allows the candidate to bring medical perspective into real-world evidence generation and observational studies
- Demonstrated ability to build long-term relationships with stakeholders at senior levels, understand relevant scientific/business challenges at a deep level and translate into a programme of informatics activities to deliver defined value
- Ability to lead & manage multi-disciplinary health informatics projects
- Strong track record of delivering large, cross functional projects
- Experience working in a global organization and delivering global solutions Knowledge of Oncology Therapy Area is desirable
- Previous technical experience with MATLAB and / or Python would be an advantage.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of diseases in three therapy areas - Oncology, Cardiovascular & Metabolic Diseases and Respiratory. The Company also is selectively active in the areas of autoimmunity, neuroscience and infection. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.