Philips Healthcare Transformation Services will focus on the following five areas:
- Operational performance improvement for health care systems, including hospitals
- Management of high-cost patient populations, for example, in cardiology and oncology
- Business model solutions such as managed equipment services
- Improvement of patient experience and staff productivity through the design and implementation of ambient healing environments
- Enhanced training and education services
"Forming a Healthcare Transformation Services Business is a direct response to the complexities of healthcare delivery everywhere in the world," said Deborah DiSanzo, CEO of Philips Healthcare. "Our expertise in, for example, deep data analytics, clinical workflow and the design of ambient healing environments will support healthcare providers to improve patient outcomes, provide better value by optimizing workflows, expand access to care and ultimately create the future of healthcare."
In a recent survey of healthcare enterprise executives, 71% believed that improving clinical operations and care delivery performance represent the biggest opportunities for cost saving within their organizations. In line with its strategy for growth, Philips has identified the provision of consulting services as an important growth area for the company.
The new business unit will target markets where Philips has a strong base in consulting services that form the basis for further expansion.
- Philips Healthcare's Profile
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation in the areas of Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle and Lighting. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips posted 2012 sales of EUR 24.8 billion and employs approximately 116,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries. The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare.