In the past year Orion Health has celebrated major successes across Europe with a number of high profile new projects underway across the region including: Glasgow and Clyde Health Board, the largest health board in the United Kingdom, covering a population of 1.2 million residents; The Ministry of Health and Consumer Protection of the Balearic Islands (IB Salut); Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, one of the largest Trusts in England, and South-Eastern Norwegian Regional Health Authority, Norway's largest.
Charles Scatchard, Orion Health's newly appointed President of International covering the EMEA, India, North Asia and Latin America regions, said: "It's a great time to take on the role of EMEA President of International. Orion Health is now the number one EHR solution provider as we have more international sites than any other vendor in the market. In the last 12 months we have experienced phenomenal success. We are making excellent progress across Europe and the rest of the EMEA region and we are delighted with the positive response to our Concerto and Rhapsody solutions as part of our leading EHR offering. We have the edge in delivering large-scale integration solutions across multi-site health organisations, as has been the case in Spain and for a number of NHS Trusts in the UK; all of which are already seeing measurable benefits."
"With public sector cuts high on the agenda across the European healthcare sector, making IT work smarter is key to delivering high quality patient care in the most efficient and cost effective way possible. Orion Health's solutions are perfectly placed to help achieve this, hence the excellent feedback we have received from our European customer base."
Orion Health will be hosting two WoHIT Industry Solution Sessions to showcase two of its most successful European projects including:
- Scotland, Glasgow: Glasgow and Clyde Health Board, the largest health board in the United Kingdom, has implemented Orion Health's electronic health record (EHR) solution using Concerto™ Portal technology to provide clinicians with a complete picture of a patient's health care record. Tuesday 16 March at 1:30-2:15pm.
- Balearic Islands, Spain: The Ministry of Health and Consumer Protection of the Balearic Islands (IB Salut) decided to overcome issues of information fragmentation and implement an EHR system using a web-based clinical portal to provide access to information from a wide variety of applications to all health professionals requiring information. Wednesday 17 March at 1:30-2:15pm.
Orion Health products being demoed at WoHIT include:
- Concerto™ Whiteboard - a real-time patient tracking system that provides physicians with a single view of patient information. Highly configurable to support existing workflow and rapid user adoption, it displays a clear summary of information pulled from multiple hospital information systems, which enables physicians to view the status of their patients at a single glance from any workstation.
- Concerto™ Clinical Documentation meets the needs of healthcare providers by offering a highly automated and intuitive solution that enables users to create legible, complete, up-to-date clinical documentation that is then readily accessible within the patient's health record, and across the organisation. It provides significant benefits to clinical staff and organisations including; improved accuracy and clarity of documentation, improved consistency of documentation, and streamlined documentation management.
- Orion Health's Disease Management solution aids health organisations to deliver better, more targeted care to patients through the automated, coordinated management of disease management programs. Orion Health Disease Management supports the design and administration of effective disease management and wellness programs by setting up patient centric individualised care plans that automatically track patients through the path of care.
Related news articles:
- Orion Health's Profile
About Orion Health Ltd
Orion Health's easy-to-use solutions and applications improve patient care and clinical decision-making by providing integrated health data in a single, unified view. By enhancing existing healthcare information systems, the Orion Health Rhapsody™ Integration Engine, Concerto™ Portal and workflow solutions, provide healthcare workers with easy access to patient data and trends, and reduce errors and omissions by streamlining information transfer.
Worldwide, Orion Health implements health information communities involving over 30 million patients with hundreds of thousands of active users including NHS Greater Glasgow, Spain's IB Salut, South-Eastern Norwegian Regional Health Authority, New Zealand Ministry of Health, Maine's HealthInfoNet, Lahey Clinic, UCLA Medical Center, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Canada Health Infoway and Alberta Health Services. Orion Health's partners include leading health system integrators and IT vendors such as Accenture, Allscripts, IBM, Oracle, Phillips and others.