This is a unique opportunity for you to use and advance your professional skills in a demanding international field of work by joining an international, growing and highly-motivated team.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role you lead collaboration with neighboring and enabling functions in the establishment and implementation of the Boehringer Ingelheim Digital Development Strategy for clinical trials and programs cross Therapeutic Areas. You are focusing on statistical, data collection via various sources and analytics aspects.
- You are holding the key role in establishing overview and knowledge of available digital state of the art tools and approaches, servcies and tools. Furthermore, you serve as a global aggregative point for internal innovation and ideas in the field of use digital health in clinical trials.
- As Global Head of Digital Trials gBDS (global Biostatistics & Data Sciences) you ensure feedback and assessment of the implemented tools and approaches for improvement and/or decision taking based on pre-defined metrics and lesson learned. You ensure that solutions identified maximize efficiencies.
- In your range of duty, you consult and support Therapeutic Areas, trial teams in understanding, implementing and continous use of digital health technologies.
- Preferably Master degree in life/data sciences, information technology, and/or clinical development related majors or equivalent qualification
- At least 5 years of relevant job experience
- Familiarity with digital devices and their utilization in clinical trials and thorough understanding of processes and standards (e.g. Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium)
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people internally and externally
- Ability to strategic and economic thinking
- Fluency in written and spoken English with excellent presentations skills
About Boehringer Ingelheim
Innovative medicines for people and animals have for more than 130 years been what the research-driven pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim stands for. Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the pharmaceutical industry's top 20 companies and to this day remains family-owned. Day by day, some 50,000 employees create value through innovation for the three business areas human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. In 2016, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of around 15.9 billion euros. With more than three billion euros, R&D expenditure corresponds to 19.6 per cent of net sales.
Social responsibility comes naturally to Boehringer Ingelheim. That is why the company is involved in social projects such as the "Making More Health" initiative. Boehringer Ingelheim also actively promotes workforce diversity and benefits from its employees' different experiences and skills. Furthermore, the focus is on environmental protection and sustainability in everything the company does.